The fabrics are from IKEA, except for the black linnen fabric on the front. Can’t remember where I bought that. All fabrics were pieces I already had at home. Same goes for the batting. I had to buy biased tape and thread, but was it.
I love the end product and so do my parents. Apparently my mum thinks they’re too pretty to use on weeknights so they only come out on weekends. She’s silly! 🙂
I was surprised at how much time I had to spend making them though. The last one was finished just a couple of hours before I had to leave for the Christmas party. Cutting the pieces took time. Sewing with linen fabrics is more work than cotton fabrics and I had totally forgotten how linnen bahves when it kind of shifts sideways. I had to be extra careful when pinning to make ends match. And there was a lot of ironing going on as well. Quilting took about 30 minutes per placemat. And I think I spent 1½ on getting the first biased tape attached around the edges. I got faster and faster at doing it though (and maybe a bit more forgiving too) and the last one was fastened in 40 minutes or so.